A world where no one goes unsheltered
Unlock possibilities by building people-first restorative communities
We believe in the transformative power of community to bring people together for joy, healing and growth. And that people are made for, and intended for, community with one another.
We believe every life has significance. From a single spark of inherent value, a person’s self worth can be rekindled, and their world opened to possibilities.
We collaborate with a multitude of stakeholders to solve problems within large, complex systems. A diversity of perspectives, including people with firsthand experience living in shelters, leads to better solutions.
We recognize that people in need, need help now, not later. With a focus on reducing immediate suffering, we prioritize urgent solutions at scale.
Find Your Team
This full time position reports to the Director of Engineering. Work involves developing a variety of skills necessary in manufacturing to build a high quality, cost effective finished product. These skills could include but are not limited to the list in the following responsibilities.
- Safely operating power equipment (saws, drills, rivet guns, etc.)
- Utilizing hand tools (wrenches, screw drivers, knives)
- Utilizing measuring equipment (tape measures, weighing scales, etc.)
- Applying the above manual skills towards a specific task as defined in drawings, work instructions (either written or verbal) toward the completion of sub-assemblies or final assemblies
- Development of necessary skills to understand and utilize all safety equipment and safe processes
- Development of necessary skills to maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Willingness to cross train and learn all work areas to increase your flexibility to the company
- Simple inspection of work that comes into your workstation and work that you have completed
- Development of a basic understanding of workflow, work documentation, continuous flow and lean manufacturing techniques
- Development of the ability to work together as a team towards the accomplishment of overall team goals and objectives
- Develop the ability to contribute your thoughts and ideas towards a culture of continuous improvement in terms of product and process design
- Demonstrated ability to achieve trainee level of proficiency for 25% of work process areas within 90 days
Qualifications & Personal Characteristics
- You are thoroughly committed to Pallet’s mission
- You are humble, willing to admit your shortcomings and are teachable
- You are hungry, always wanting to learn more and put in the extra effort to achieve the goals
- You are people smart, knowing how to work effectively with diverse groups of people and personalities
- You are honest, transparent and show integrity in your words and actions
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Able to read and write in English
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Ability to take and pass a pre-employment drug test and willingness to submit to regular randomized drug tests
Preferred, But Not Required
- Leadership skills or some management expertise
- Forklift experience and/or certification
- Experience with managing safety programs, training and/or promoting general safety guidelines
- Experience with quality control processes within a manufacturing environment
A Big Plus, But Not Required
- Experience troubleshooting and performing maintenance on various types of manufacturing machines, saws, drills, rivet guns and/or any other type of related machinery/tools utilized within manufacturing
Click here to apply with our online application form
Interested in joining our team but don't see an open position that sounds like a good fit? Please email email@example.com with “Careers” in the subject line.
Pallet is an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, secual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. People who have lived experience with the criminal justice system, incarceration, substance use disorder, or homelessness are strongly encouraged to apply.